Submitted by: Phoebe R. Larne Wed, 03 Dec 1997
Subject: Shackelford connection, but where?
Hi Patricia, I did send a msg once before, but didn't have a lot of info with me since I was at work. I don't know if my SHACKELFORDS landed in your county or not, but they sure have provided me with lots of entertainment. This is my biggest mystery!! My Shackelford is as follows:
Samuel SHACKELFORD, b ?, d ? Married (Lincoln Co., Ky, Records, Vol 1, pg 179) to Lucy HICKMAN. b 1827, KY, d. 13 Nov 1865, Red Bluff, Tehama Co., CA
1. John William SHACKELFORD, b. 17 Apr 1846 MO, d. 10 May 1929, Red Bluff, Tehama Co., CA Never Marr.
2. Amelia SHACKELFORD, b. 30 May 1848, MO, d. 28 Aug 1919, Red Bluff, Tehama Co., CA. m. George Benedict TABER, 19 Jul, 1898, Red Bluff, CA
CH: 1. Clarence C. TABER, b. Jun 1876, Red Bluff, CA, d. 20 Nov 1947, Red Bluff, CA, m. Evelyn Leona Harrison, No children
3. William Grayson TABER, b. 13 Jul 1880, Red Bluff, CA d. 10 Jan 1965, Red Bluff, 2 marriages, 3 ch
2. Rose Amelia TABER, b. 22 Jun 1878, Red Bluff, CA d. 28 Dec 1959, Red Bluff, CA, m. Albert Henry BRESSLER, b. 17 Aug 1872, Red Bluff, CA d. 28 Apr 1933, Red Bluff, CA
CH: 1. Vera BRESSLER, b. 22 Sep 1900, d.11 Jul 1908 CA
2. Donald Bert BRESSLER, b. 1911, d. 14 Aug 1938 CA
3. Della Dean BRESSLER, b. 4 Nov 1902, d. 26 Apr 1937, Red Bluff, CA m. 15 Jun 1922, Red Bluff, CA Earl Dunbar DEAN, b. 28 Jun 1894, Frazee, MN d. 2 Aug 1962, San Francisco, CA
CH: 1. Donald Earl DEAN, b. Living m. 23 Feb 1944, Betty Lou CARPENTER, b. living
CH: 1. Phoebe Rose DEAN (THIS IS ME)
2. Linda Lou DEAN (living)
3. Robert Earl DEAN
3. Samuel Henry SHACKELFORD, b. 3 Sep 1852, MO, d. 12 Jun 1908, Red Bluff, CA Never married.
Lucy HICKMAN m. 2nd, George Washington PATTERSON, 4 Oct 1857, Scott Valley, Siskiyou Co., CA
CH 1. Robert Grason PATTERSON, b 29 Oct 1858, OR, d. 8 Apr 1908, Red Bluff, CA Never married.
Also in Red Bluff, and often listed with Lucy HICKMAN were her Aunt, Amelia T. HICKMAN, B. 1807, KY, D, 22 Nov 1889, who marr. 27 Oct 1825, Lincoln Co., KY, John Metcalf SHACKELFORD, B. 1805, KY, d. 12 Sep 1877, Duck Creek, Grant Co., NM. John & Amelia had nine children that I have found, and perhaps more that stayed in KY? Known children follow:
1. Henry T. SHACKELFORD, b. 1834, KY, d. 4 May 1866, Red Bluff, CA, m. Buena Vista YOKUM,
2. Maria Louisa SHACKELFORD, b. 1836, Lincoln Co., KY, d. 21 Jun 1921, Farmington, MO, m. 1st B. W. WALDROP, abt 1857,one ch; m. 2nd, 10 Aug 1859, John Edwin SWINK, 3 ch.
3. Mary Ann SHACKELFORD, b. 18 Oct 1838, KY, d. 5 Nov 1925, Oakland, CA, m. 10 fEB 1861, Yreaka, Siskiyou Co., CA, Elijah HICKMAN, b 5 Feb 1826, Cape Giraudeau, MO, d. 6 May 1905, Red Bluff, CA, 8 ch.
4. Amelia J. SHACKELFORD, b. 7 Jul1841, KY, d. 9 Sep 1883, Gila, Grant Co., NM, m. 10 Feb 1861, Seth Worth HOOKER, b. IN, 4 ch.
5. Rella SHACKELFORD, b. 20 Nov 1844, KY, d. 18 Mar 1907, Manton, CA, m. 12 Oct 1870, George Washington PATTERSON, JR., 6 CH.
6. Robert Tinsley SHACKELFORD, B. 18 Dec 1846, MO, d. 23 Apr 1933, Red Bluff, CA No record of marriage found.
7. George SHACKELFORD, b. 1849 MO, no further record.
8. Genella SHACKELFORD, b. 1854, MO, no further record.
9. Ella SHACKELFORD, b. 1857, MO, no further record
Lincoln Co., KY Records, (and CD) list the following marriages:
Aug 8 1845, Samuel SHACKELFORD to Lucy HICKMAN
Oct 27, 1825, John M. Shackelford to Amelia Hickman
Jan 17, 1798, Samuel SHACKELFORD to Suckey WITHERS
Oct 12, 1786, James SHACKELFORD to Sarah HIATT
Dec 16, 1799, John SHACKELFORD, to Polly LAWRENCE
I have also found a record of a Samuel SHACKELFORD, m to Amelia ______
NOW, my questions are: Are Samuel & John related? I have found various records of Sam & John, but no evidence they are the correct people. How many Samuel's are there? If you have a Samuel, please contact me with info so I can try to sort them out? I know that Lucy HICKMAN SHACKELFORD came to CA on wagon train with John SHACKELFORD & Amelia.
Did Samuel die, marry someone else? Who are parents of Samuel? Was John m to Polly LAWRENCE 1st, with Samuel as child? Is the Samuel m. to Suckey WITHERS same man?
© -Copyright Notice
UpdatedThursday, 01-May-2008 18:36:06 EDT